Legal Information & Notices
Effective date: August 1, 2018
- This Website, under the name and style “www.scantechlaser.com” is an online forum in the form of medium that has been formed to enable visitors, including Current or Potential Customers, Alliance Partners or Potential Alliance Partners, Financial and Industry Analysts, Investors, Vendors / Suppliers, Media & Journalists, Job seekers, Current and Former employees, Researchers or Academicians, and others, to gather information about SCANTECH and to interact with SCANTECH by sharing their queries through the website contact forms.
- The membership of this Website is available to all those filling the website Contact Us, Event Registration or Information Download form(s). The member / user of the website, shall have some privilege rights for downloading exclusive information for personal/informational purpose. The rights of the membership is purely on the discretion of SCANTECH and site administrator. Users/Members cannot have more than one active account. Further, Users/Members are not entitled to sell, trade or otherwise transfer their membership to any other person/entity.
- Member is and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her password and account, and is/shall be fully responsible for all activities that may take place under his/her password or account with or without member’s knowledge. In the event member provides his/her login and password details to another person, member’s privileges may be suspended temporarily or terminated. Member agrees to immediately notify to SCANTECH of any unauthorized use of password or account of any other breach of security. SCANTECH cannot and shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from member’s not complying with the provisions of this section.
- You understand and agree that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through this Website is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated and that SCANTECH shall not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content. You understand and agree that SCANTECH cannot guarantee the identity of any other Users/Members with whom you may interact in the course of using/becoming the member of this Website. SCANTECH cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data which users may provide about themselves or relationships they may describe.
- Endorsing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable laws/local rules including without limitation the rules with regard to online conduct and acceptable content.
- You understand and agree not to use this Website to:
Post/upload content or initiate communication which are unlawful, obscene, discriminatory, libelous, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
Undertake any illegal activity, including but not limited to violation of applicable laws or conspiring to violate laws.
Falsely state, impersonate or otherwise misrepresent your identity in any manner whatsoever including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
Upload, post, email or transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights of respective owners.
Upload, email, transmit, post or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, junk mails, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form or solicitation.
Stalk or otherwise harass other Users/Members.
Collect or store personal data and content of other Users/Members.
Any use in any manner of manual or automated software, devices, techniques or other processes/procedures to “crawl” or “spider” any web pages contained in this Website is strictly prohibited. You understand and agree not to supervise, monitor or copy or allow other to supervise, monitor or copy web pages or the content of this Website. You understand and agree not to frame or edit or otherwise replicate the appearance or features or functions of this Website. You understand and agree not to take any action or allow anyone to do so that hinders or obstructs or interferes with the working of or places an inappropriate load on this Website.
Any information submitted by you must be personal and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that the information, which you submit and/or distribute, will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, seditious, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, SCANTECH reserves the right to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
SCANTECH cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, worms or other causes outside its control.
You accept that any claims arising against SCANTECH shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court at Bombay and the laws of India shall apply therein.
What does this Privacy and Security Policy cover?
This Privacy and Security Policy applies to our public-facing ‘SCANTECH’ websites and other online services and will be available by a link on all sites and services which it covers.
Other SCANTECH websites, apps, or online services may collect and use personal information about you in a different way. We encourage you to take a moment to look at the applicable Privacy and Security Policy, available by a link at the bottom of the homepage.
What personal information do we collect?
For the purposes of this Privacy and Security Policy, references to ‘personal information’ means and includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. Examples of personal information may include, for example, your name, your contact details or your location.
We collect information that you supply to us when you choose to contact us for more information or when you register for our websites or online services. You may supply the information directly to us or indirectly by using your credentials from third parties such as LinkedIn or Facebook. This information typically includes your name, professional credentials, email address and other contact data.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information we collect to:
- provide and administer our services;
- understand our audience and improve how our websites work;
- contact you and answer your questions;
- market and advertise our products and services to you;
- allow you to publish comments and participate in professional web-based forums;
- keep our systems, users, employees and services safe
- provide you with the information or support you requested.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for so long as is necessary in light of the purpose for which it was originally collected or lawfully further processed. The criteria we use to determine the period of time for which your personal information may be kept include:
- the nature and type of personal information that you provide to us;
- the purpose for which you provide your personal information to us;
- necessary business and operational requirements to continue to supply you with the services or functionality you have requested.
We may retain your information for a longer time period if we are required to do so by law.
How do we share your personal information?
We may disclose personal information about you to third parties, including:
- to other members of the Scantech;
- to vendors that work on our behalf;
- to law enforcement when we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us;
How will we update this Policy?
We use a range of security measures to protect your personal information. Please be aware, however, that SCANTECH cannot guarantee that third parties will safeguard your personal information in a similar manner. Unencrypted information - including information sent via E-mail - may also be able to be read by third parties. As a user of our services, you are responsible for protecting the information you provide, including user name and passwords, from misuse, by encryption or other means
How do we safeguard your personal information?
Other important information
Our sites contain links to other websites not owned by SCANTECH. We do not control the content or privacy practices of those sites.
Our websites and offerings are directed to people in their business or professional capacities.
We process personal information on the basis of your consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, but this will not affect any prior processing of your personal information.
How can you contact us about this Policy?
you can contact us at the address below:
A - 517, TTC Industrial Area,
MIDC Mahape, Ghansoli,
Mumbai - 400710, Maharashtra,