Many people are beginning to take up the hobby of creating customized jewelry. Such customized jewelry is a nice option for a gift since the person can engrave any customized message on the jewelry.
One of the best ways to put some message or design on the jewelry is engraving. One form of engraving that every authentic jewelry must possess is hallmarking. There are a number of ways in which this process of hallmarking can be done.
Primarily, there are two types of method for engraving or hallmarking and they are rotary engraving and laser engraving. Both these machines have their own benefits and the jeweler must select the type of machine that is most suitable for his/her needs. Since this article is about laser hallmarking, further discussion on rotary engraving machines will not be done but instead, the 5 advantages of laser hallmarking machine have been discussed.
- The laser hallmarking machine has a very high-powered laser beam that is used to etch the surface of the material. You can decide the depth of your engraving by determining the intensity of the beam of the laser.
- Other than the depth, laser engraver also enables you to select the design with great ease. The operator has to enter the desired design on the computer and from here command is sent to the laser engraver, which engraves the design just as it is entered into the computer.
- This computer-guided mechanism of the laser hallmarking machine enables the jeweler to engrave at a very fast pace. This is particularly beneficial for the professional jeweler, who has to meet the supply demands of the customer. One particular use of the fast pace of laser engraving machines is hallmarking. The agencies responsible for the hallmarking need to get the hallmarking done at a fast pace and the only thing that helps them in achieving their purpose is laser hallmarking machine.
- Through the help of laser hallmarking machines, the designer gets the ability to draw a highly precise pattern on the jewelry. The precise cut and the high accuracy provided by the laser beam gives the designer an opportunity to produce the designs that are highly complex. Jewelry hallmarks usually contain some sort of logo and other information, all of the hallmarking information can be produced by the laser machine at a remarkable speed with high accuracy.
- The laser hallmarking machine can be applied to a wide variety of material. The beam of the laser machine has the ability to penetrate even the hardest of materials. Due to this, the hallmarking of gemstones and diamonds can be easily done with the help of laser machines. In contrast, the results with rotary machines do not produce the desired effect if the jewelry under consideration is diamond or some other gemstone.